Keren Hayesod-United Israel Appeal has been at the forefront of Israel’s growth and progress for over nine decades! Founded in 1920 as the fundraising arm of the Zionist movement, Keren Hayesod played a decisive role in marshalling the resources needed to establish an independent, sovereign state and helped lay the foundation for the state-on-the-way.
With the help of donations from throughout the world, KH brought tens of thousands of Jews fleeing Europe to Eretz Israel, helped absorb them and started over 900 urban and rural settlements. It provided the newcomers with homes and jobs, and developed the economic, educational, and cultural framework of the Yishuv.
After Israel’s independence, Keren Hayesod-UIA became one of the country’s National Institutions; the 1956 “Keren Hayesod Law” recognized the organization’s unique status.
Today Keren Hayesod-UIA is registered in Israel as a public benefit company, and enjoys status as a non-profit organization. In partnership with the global Jewish community and Friends of Israel in over 45 countries worldwide, Keren Hayesod-UIA helps further the national priorities of the State of Israel. Foremost is rescuing Jews from places where their lives are in peril, encouraging aliyah and absorbing new immigrants. In addition, scores of projects and initiatives are designed to strengthen weak populations in Israel, to provide opportunity for disadvantaged youth, and to connect young Diaspora Jews to Israel and to Jewish life.
With your help, Keren Hayesod-UIA continues to support programs and projects that meet the ever-changing challenges facing the State of Israel and world Jewry.Keren Hayesod-UIA takes pride in being one of the most effective Israel-oriented philanthropic organizations in the world.
In addition to our commitment to helping Israel and benefiting the Jewish people, we are pledged to provide our donors, both large and small, with the highest level of professional service and guarantee them the most impact for their generous contributions.
This pledge is based on:
- Economies of scale (one global organization)
- Strategic impact based on real priorities
- Low overhead (compared to scope of activity of similar global organizations)
- Experience and unique knowledge of Israel’s global connections and networking
- Professional system of monitoring activities and projects
- Reporting based on first-hand knowledge and result-oriented evaluation
- 100% fiduciary responsibility to our donorsWith your help, and in cooperation with our strategic partners, we are able to impact Israel and the Jewish people in a wide variety of areas.